Thursday, August 19, 2010

Getting Organized

I have a short to-do list this week. The list, which I wrote on Monday, has three items on it:

1) Job search
2) Write
3) Get organized

As you can see there is no mention of cleaning the house on my list. Yes, I care if my house is dirty. I can’t stand it when my living room looks cluttered or the hardwood floors don’t shine sparkly clean. Regardless, I decided to put off cleaning the house until Monday so I can get my writing files organized.

As a self-professed neat freak, you can bet my research and industry notes are all organized and perfectly filed away in colored binders. Sadly, the same cannot be said about my writing notes, the majority of which are divided into notebooks, Word docs, e-mails, etc. A few months ago I started using a new writing software program called Liquid Story Binder XE, created by Black Obelisk Software. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the time to start using it properly. But I do now!

The other day I printed out the tutorial notes and this week I’m reading through them. Yesterday, I uploaded some inspiration images into the photo gallery. Later today, I plan to put my completed chapters into the planner.

I’m not very tech-savvy; I may have to ask my DH for help. Yet slowly but surely I’m figuring things out. And so far, I love this software!

1 comments:

  1. I know I haven't written since college, but I could never do it without being totally organized. Clears your mind!

    ReplyDelete