Monday, August 9, 2010

Into the Dark

Visit any romance section in any bookstore and you'll likely find the shelves stocked with paranormal and urban novels. This trend in romance hit hard and fast and seems to have no end in sight. When paranormals first arrived on the scene I avoided them like the plague. My true passion is the Middle Ages, where the weapon du jour is a well-honed blade wielded by a knight in battered armor. So I wondered...Could I be satisfied by a leather-clad, modern-day hero who could shift shape or bend metal with his mind?

You betcha!

To my surprise I discovered I like alpha males no matter what century they live in. I won't stop reading historical romances; I like history way too much. But I like supernatural heroes too. All it took was one great read, and I'm hooked on the darker side of romance. I especially like those Dirk and Steele guys created by Marjorie M. Lui. Not to mention the warrior-vamps in Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed Series. They're all smokin' hot!

Even if you're a die-hard fan of historical romances, I strongly recommend you give paranormal books a try. You may find that the urban jungle is just as enticing as Regency London. I did.  And as a result, I was inspired to write a paranormal romance series set in the 18th Century, featuring a cadre of sexy, otherworldly heroes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment