Friday, August 17, 2012

First Line Friday: The Scorpio Races

I finally got around to reading The Scorpio Races.  It was far and away the best book I've read by Maggie Stiefvater.  I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.  It was an awesome read: Gorgeous plot.  Fabulous characters.  Beautiful story.  Brilliant first line.



"It is the first day of November and so, today, someone will die."


This is going down as one of my all-time favorite hooks.  It sets up the story so perfectly.   Most importantly, it grabbed my attention and made me want to keep reading.

What do you think?  Do you like this hook?  Does the first line make you want to read more of the story?         

1 comments:

  1. This book has made it's way to the top shelf of my bookcase. I only put my absolute favorites on the top shelf.
    The Scorpio Races has amazing lessons, depth, passion, and emotion. I got a lot of my favorite quotes from this book. I love how it's not just another cheesy, overdone, girl-and-her-horse story. It has a dark side, with man-eating horses who are fighting to get back into the sea.
    Love love love!
    Highly recommended Dentist In Longview website

    ReplyDelete