Saturday, September 1, 2012

September Releases

It's time to face reality: Summer is practically over.  Though it makes me sad to think about packing away my beach chair, sunscreen, and grill, there are some good things about the month of September, such as...

1) It's the start of autumn, my favorite season. Makes me want to buy school supplies (even though I don't have to go back to school).

2) All of the best holidays are just around the corner.

3) The crisp, sunny weather. 

4) The new Fall TV season.

5) This month's fashion trend is all about purple, my favorite color.

6) It's a new month, which means new books will be released.


Here are the novels I'm want to read:

HISTORICAL ROMANCE


 A Perfect Knight For Love by Jackie Ivie ~ Sept. 4

Temptation in a Kilt by Victoria Roberts ~ Sept. 4

What's not to love about a Highlander romance?!


STEAMPUNK ROMANCE


Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster ~ Sept. 1

I'm looking forward to reading Kiss of Steel,Bec McMaster's debut and the first book in the London Steampunk series, because Steampunk is cool.  


PARANORMAL ROMANCE


Desire the Night by Amanda Ashley ~ Sept. 4

I plan to read Desire the Night, in part because of the glowing review in RT Book Reviews.


INSPIRATIONAL HISTORICAL ROMANCE


 Love's Reckoning by Laura Frantz ~ Sept. 1

With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin ~ Sept. 1

I discovered these new-to-me authors in RT Book Reviews magazine, and thought both books sounded good enough to add to my must-read list.  I'm especially interested in reading With Every Letter, because I love books and movies set during WWII.


YOUNG ADULT



Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr ~ Sept. 4

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater ~ Sept. 18

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter ~ Sept. 25

As a fan of Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series, you can bet I'll be reading Carnival of Souls.

Maggie Stiefvater is one of my favorite YA authors.  I'll read any book she writes.

Alice vs Zombies.  Oh, yeah! 


What's on your must-read list this month?

4 comments: