Friday, October 12, 2012

First Line Friday: Temptation in a Kilt

I teased you earlier this week with a snippet of Temptation in a Kilt by Victoria Roberts.  Today I'm going to give you another sneak peek at this romance, the first book in the Bad Boys of the Highlands series.

As you may or may not know, I love first lines.  A first line can make or break a novel for me.  That said, I do continue to read on even if I don't like the first line.  I'm not a total first line snob.  However, a great first line always excites me and makes me want to read more.

When I cracked open Temptation in a Kilt and read the first line, I was hooked.


"Sometimes being a Highland laird was a royal pain in the arse."
 

This first line does a nice job of setting up the story.  It tells me who the hero is and that there is some conflict to come.  The moment I read this line, I wanted to know what was happening.

What do you think?  Do you like this hook?  Does the first line make you want to read more of the story?         

0 comments:

Post a Comment