Saturday, January 26, 2013

In My Mailbox (34)

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren, and is a way for everyone to show their new books for the week, including those bought, swapped, won or received for review.

Yesterday I sold and bought a few books at my local used bookstore, then stopped by Barnes & Noble to purchase a new release I've been dying to read.  Here's what ended up in my shopping bag:


BOUGHT USED

THE TAMING OF THE ROGUE
Amanda McCabe
Harlequin Historical Romance


This author is new to me. I bought the book because I like Harlequin Historicals and novels set during the Tudor era.  If I like this one -- the sequel To Court, Capture, and Conquer -- I'll definitely read more by this author.

TO DIE FOR
Christopher Pike
Young Adult
 
 
I've read a lot of books by Christopher Pike.  I may have already read the stories in this book years ago.  Even so, I'm sure I won't be able to put this novel down.  I love Christopher Pike books!   



BOUGHT NEW

THE DARK LADY
Márie Claremont
  Historical Romance 
 
 
I'm dying to read this book!!!  
 
 
ENDGAME


This is the final book in the Jax series. *shedding a tear*  I like kick-ass heroines, and Sirantha Jax is the coolest one ever!  I can't wait to find out how the whole perfect series ends!
 


BOUGHT: KINDLE E-BOOKS

These e-books are currently available on Amazon for just 99 cents.  A great e-deal, no?  
Note: The low price is for a limited time only.
 
THE WARRIOR'S TOUCH
Historical Romance

 
The Warrior's Touch is the fourth MacEgan Brothers book.  It's a terrific medieval series. 
 
 
WHEN IN PARIS
 

New Adults in Paris.  Oh, yeah!
 
Note: This is the original cover art.  Beverley has updated the artwork to match the cover designs for the upcoming books in her Language of Love series.
 

What's in your mailbox this week?

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you have lots of reading to do!! =)

    I *may* have recently purchased one of these and it quickly became one of my least favourite books ever...lol. I hated the hero. And I mean HATED lol. However, it has gotten a lot of positive reviews so hopefully it was just me and you enjoy it! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nat - Yes, I do! And I'm happy about it, because my bookshelf was so bare.

      Thanks for the warning, LOL. I've had that happen to me before, though it's usually the heroine I hate. Even if I dislike a book, I don't feel like it's money wasted. After all, how can I like or loathe a book if I never read it?

      Delete
  2. I'm the same way! Normally I dislike the heroine, but in this book... I disliked them both. I just hated the hero more, LOL. At first I thought it was my mood, so I put it down and tried again later. Same thing happened, so idk. =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. when in paris looks adorable!! i must check it out! the dark lady is also on my to read list! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie - I've heard good things about both books. I look forward to reading them.

      Delete