Friday, April 19, 2013

My Friday Love (7)

Happy Friday!

 
My Friday Love is a weekly meme, which spotlights the things you loved during the past week.

  ----------------------------------------------

Ben & Jerry's Greek Frozen Yogurt. I love ice creamit's frozen, it's sugary, it's sweet. Some days were meant for ice cream. Tuesday was one of those days for me. I was craving some comfort dessert, for no particular reason except that I have a serious sweet tooth. To satisfy my craving, I ate a cup of Ben & Jerry's Greek Frozen Yogurt Blueberry Vanilla Graham. OMG! The graham cracker swirl is sooooo tasty!

Defiance. My hubby was very excited for the premiere of Defiance, the newest sci-fi series on Syfy channel. I tuned in only because the show was on the TV. I wasn't very interested in the show's premise; there were too many lizard-looking aliens with weird skin. Also, the plot seemed convoluted and unoriginal. 


Turns out, I like what I saw. Despite the less than stellar effects and weak subplots, the show has potential. I like the adventurous flare. And Grant Bowler. He's perfectly cast as a charming, reckless Han Solo type who can't resist doing the right thing, though he has trouble keeping his promises. 



The show needs to fully flesh out the large cast of characters, but that's going to take time. I hope the network gives Defiance a chance to develop into a great, edgy show.


RT Book Reviews. I received the June issue of RT Book Reviews yesterday. Whenever I see the magazine in my mailbox, I smile. I can't wait to read through the reviews and highlight the books I want to read this summer.  


The Library. I love my local public library. It's close to my home. It has such a Northwesty feel—the parking lot looks more like a campground than a parking lot. The tree cover is so beautiful and brings me peace. 


The interior was recently renovated, so there's a new-carpet smell inside the building. 


The huge wall of windows brings in plenty of light, which is a plus on dark, gloomy days.

The staff is nice and smiley. The patrons respect each other and the library's silent policy. There's free Wi-Fi and a large collection of books to check out. The library is a wonderful place to spend a rainy afternoon. 


Writer Friends. The best thing happened to me this week. My good writer friend became a great writer friend. That is all I'm going to say, for now. I'll share all the deets on my month end wrap-up post, so check back on April 30th for the big reveal.


Emma (1996)


What are you loving this week?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that ice cream looks amazing. I've never actually had Ben & Jerry's before... *hides*

    I am SO jealous about your public library. That is gorgeous! I would take my laptop over there and write all the time.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nat - You've never had Ben & Jerry's?! Wow! It is the best ice cream ever. Seriously. There are so many delicious flavors to try. If you buy a pint be prepared to become addicted. ;)

      Yes, it really is a gorgeous library. =)

      Delete
  2. Nope, I haven't lol. It's pretty expensive as far as ice cream goes, and my family never had a lot of money. My dad is very Scottish in his spending habits, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nat - Yep. My hubby and I only buy this brand of ice cream when it's on sale.

      Delete
  3. I'll have to keep an eye out for when it goes on sale! I've always wanted to try it =)

    ReplyDelete