Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Wrap-Up

Summer is herewhoo-hoo! It often truly doesn't feel like summer in the Pacific Northwest until after July 4th, but we're currently in the midst of a glorious heat wave and I, for one, am basking in the golden glow of the sun. Yes, my mood is tied to the weather. Yes, I'm a sun worshiperthough you wouldn't know it by the look of my lily-white skin. Hey, I grew up in California. Sunshine is what I know and love.

But enough about that! It's time to find out what I did all month long. So here it goes...

WRITING

~ I wrote and scheduled the majority of my blog posts for June, July and August. It was a lot of work and time consuming, but in the end it's a real time-saver.

~ I critiqued chapter four of my CP's Highlander romance. It was fabulous! Keep your eye on Natalie Murphy, because her romance stories are destined for your keeper shelf!

~ I finally finished the chapter one revisions of my Highlander novella. Nat loved the changes I made to ramp up the action and increase the tension. =)

~ I joined some of my Celtic Hearts sisters for two 1k,1hr writing sprints. I struggled at first trying to write with abandon, but I'm learning. We're going to do weekly sprints from now on, so I have plenty of opportunities to practice writing faster with the help of my wonderful, supportive friends. ❤

~ I signed up for Camp NaNoWriMo. It's like November's National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), only in July.


PERSONAL

~  June is going to go down as one of my worst months ever. Just days in, disaster struck: my six-year-old girl Doxie, Ripley, ruptured a disc in her back and had to have emergency surgery. It was a horrible, emotional, heartbreaking experience I hope I never have to repeat. Thankfully, Ripley is doing well. She's 3 days away from being released from her kennel after a month long confinement. She's walking very well with the help of a sling, and is expected to make a full recovery. She's such a brave, strong girl! ❤

~ Due to Ripley's health crisis, I had to cancel my annual vacation to the Oregon coast to see my sister and her family over the 4th of July holiday. My hubby and I are disappointed. We're both in desperate need of a beach getaway and family time. We hope to reschedule our trip for sometime in August or September.

~ Yesterday I found out my long-time hairstylist is moving to another state. *sniff* The move is totally unexpected and I'm still in shock. I wish him the best of luck in his new ventures, of course, but...I'm going to miss him!!! He cut my hair for so long, he's more of a friend than a hairstylist. Thankfully he's referred me to another stylist at the salon. I hope I like him.

~ I only read 2 books this month. It was hard to focus on reading, writing, or much of anything after Ripley was injured. Now that life is getting back to normal, I'm anxious to read more books.

How was your month? Did you do anything fun or noteworthy? Do share!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you!!!! <3

    I'm sorry you had a rough month. Hopefully July will be better =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nat - No, thank you! ;) <3

      Thanks, hun! July WILL be better. *crosses fingers*

      Delete