Monday, July 1, 2013

July Releases

Summer in Seattle doesn't truly start until after the 4th of July. That's when the rain stops and the days turn warm and sunny. I'm so ready for some sunshine and juicy beach reads.  

Wish I was here!


  Here are the books I'd love to be reading at the beach:

  HISTORICAL ROMANCE



How to Marry a Highlander by Katharine Ashe July30
To Sin with a Viking by Michelle Willingham July 23 
How to be a Scottish Mistress by Adrienne Basso July 2 

Katharine Ashe's e-book won't be released in time for my beach getaway, but you can bet I'll be reading this one before summer is over. I ♥ Highlander romances!

Michelle Willingham is a must-read for me. Vikings rock!

This will be my first Adrienne Basso romance. It's such a swoon-worthy cover! And the Scottish setting is right up my alley.


  NEW ADULT


Frigid by J. Lynn July 30
Dirty Little Secret
by Jennifer Echols July 16

Both authors are new to me. I'm quickly becoming a big fan of the New Adult genre, so I can't wait to read these books.


  YOUNG ADULT
 

Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor July 30

A murder mystery at a boarding school. Awesome!

What's on your must-read list this month?
 

4 comments:

  1. You've never read Jennifer Echols before?!?!? Omg, girl! She's one of my favourite authors! I adore her darker, edgier stuff. On her website, she calls it "Young Adult Romantic Drama." I think you'll love her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy, huh. Have I been living under a rock?!?! Methinks it time to read one of her books! If you love her stuff, I know I will too.

      Delete
    2. She's one of the authors that began bridging the gap between YA and NA waaaaay before NA was a genre. She falls into line with authors like Simone Elkeles--who is also amazingly amazing.

      Have you read Katie McGarry? Her debut is up for a RITA. I've read both books and her novella--omgsogood.

      Delete
    3. I haven't read Katie McGarry yet, though she's on my must-read list. So many books, too little time! Must. Read. Faster.

      Delete