Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Wrap-Up

Summer's almost over and yet there's still plenty of sunny days left for pool parties, movie nights, and beach days. July started out strong, but once again I my muse took a hike the second I left town. My muse is a fickle witch. C'est la vie. So here's what went on in my neck of the woods... 

WRITING 

~ Participated in CampNaNoWriMo with the intention of writing every day. I did...for approximately 2.5 weeks. Then I went out of town with my BFF, and (like I said above) my muse abandoned me. She's finally returned, thank heavens, all eager and desperate to get to work.    

~ Joined some of my Celtic Hearts sisters in 1k1hr writing sprints Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I almost never write 1k by the end of the hour. That's fine. The sprints are teaching me to write with abandon, something that's very difficult for me. I like to edit as I write. You may think that's a big no-no, but it's what feels best for me.  

~ Natalie (my awesome CP) and I decided to take a break from critiquing our WIPs in July while we focused on CampNaNoWriMo. 

~ Started critiquing a friend's manuscript this week. 

PERSONAL 

~ A week before her birthday, my BFF's father passed away. =(  Two days after the funeral, we took off for a beach/birthday getaway to Birch Bay up near the Canadian border. We relaxed, rested, and renewed our spirits. 

~ My girl Doxie had a minor setback three days before her follow-up vet appointment. It was very disappointing, especially since she was showing such great signs of improvement. Turns out she tweaked her back a bit. So she's back on meds and kennel rest. She's doing well. Her next vet visit is in about two weeks.

 ~ I read 3.5 books this month. I started two other novels, but couldn't finish them. 

~ I won an ARC of Never Desire a Duke, the debut by Lily Dalton due from Grand Central on September 24, 2013. I look forward to reading it. 

~ I saw The Conjuring. It scared me silly. That was one creepy doll!!

How was your month? Do share!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good month!!! When I'm back from the beach, we will have to sit down and discuss how we're going to keep each other writing. *determined*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nat - Yes! Setbacks happen, of course. I know we can get back on track. Enjoy the beach!!!

      Delete