Thursday, August 29, 2013

Best. Advice. Ever.

I read a lot of articles about authors' paths to publication, just to get an idea of what to expect
if when it happens to me. I've come across pages and pages of good advice, but one article I recently read really stood out. Actually, it's the best advice ever. 

Photo credit: jodimillerphotographyblog.com 
 
The article is "25 Steps to Being a Traditionally Published Author: Lazy Bastard Edition", written by author Delilah S. Dawson. Click here to read the article.  
 
A big thanks to my CP, Nat, for sharing the link to this article on her blog. I've printed it out and intend to read it at least once a month.  
post signature

7 comments:

  1. Oh good, I'm so glad you liked it! It went a long way to getting my mind back on track. I just love her approach. I'm thinking I'll read it once a week until I get it in my head, then once a month for emergencies ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved her approach, too. I think I need to read it once a week also, just until I get it into my head. I'm struggling to get back into the writing groove. =(

      Delete
    2. Aww, I'm sorry! We'll have to think of something.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, hun. Reading your last blog post actually sparked my motivation. I wrote a couple hundred words tonight and am ready to tackle the next chapter.

      Delete
    4. Oh good, I'm glad it helped! So basically what you're saying is, one of us has to be motivated at all times, that way we can get the other going too? LOL.

      Delete
    5. Hahaha. Yes. If we're both unmotivated you'll need to chat with your mum and share her wise words. She's an excellent cheerleader.

      Delete
    6. LOL! It's going to my mum's head ;)

      Delete