Friday, August 2, 2013

My Friday Love (10)

Happy Friday!


 


My Friday Love is a weekly meme, which spotlights the things you loved during the past week. 

  ----------------------------------------------

The Boyfriend App. I'm two chapters away from finishing The Boyfriend App, the YA novel by Katie Sise. I probably wouldn't have read this book had I not won it in a RT Book Reviews contest. Though I like YA novels, this book seemed a bit too cute.

 
In the story, super-smart, somewhat geeky Audrey McCarthy can't wait to get out of high school. Her father’s death and the transformation of her one-time BFF, Blake Dawkins, into her worst nightmare have her longing for the new start college will bring. But college takes money. So Audrey decides she has to win the competition for the best app designed by a high schooler—and the $200,000 that comes with it. She develops something she calls the Boyfriend App, and suddenly she’s the talk of the school and getting kissed by the hottest boys around. But can the Boyfriend App bring Audrey true love?

Turns out it's not as much fluff as I expected. I like Audrey. The supporting characters are good, and the story is interesting. I look forward to reading more books from this jewelry designer/TV personality/author.


Red Vines. Red licorice lovers tend to fall into one of two camps depending upon which brand they prefer: Red Vines or Twizzlers. I prefer Red Vines over Twizzlers. 

I grew up eating Red Vines. They were my favorite at-the-movies treat. My sister and I loved to eat them whenever our mom allowed it, especially the Red Vines licorice ropes. Eventually I tried Twizzlers. I never really liked them; they tasted too pliable and plastic to me. The other day I indulged in a mini pack of Red Vines. They tasted so good!  

Red Vines photo source: cleveland.com


Never Desire a Duke. This week I received my latest contest win in the mail:  an autographed ARC of Never Desire a Duke, the debut romance from Lily Dalton.

In addition to the book, Lily sent me a lovely note, a bookmark, and some author-themed pens and buttons. A big thanks to Lily for her kindness and generosity. I can't wait to read her book! It's the first in the Regency-set One Scandalous Season series due from Grand Central Publishing September 24, 2013.

What are you loving this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment