Tuesday, October 29, 2013

NaNoWriMo

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) begins November 1st!


Just a few more days left to sign up for NaNoWriMo, a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing. On November 1, participants begin working towards the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel by 11:59 pm on November 30. Valuing enthusiasm, determination, and a deadline, NaNoWriMo is for anyone who has ever thought fleetingly about writing a novel.

Click here to sign up!

I'll be unofficially participating in NaNoWriMo this year, along with some of my Celtic Hearts Chapter mates. I plan to work on my medieval WIP, Her Heart's Desire, during our writing sprints. It's not my goal to reach 50K words, but to simply write as much as I can in order to complete a rough first draft. If that doesn't happen, no biggie. It's not about the word count for me. It's about typing up my handwritten notes, adding movement and dialogue tags, and creating a detailed outline for this WIP.

Are you participating in NaNoWriMo? What are your November writing goals?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to continue working on my second draft during the sprints. I need to get all of the momentum I can, LOL! Speaking of which, has Lizzie announced anything about the sprint times??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great goal, Nat. I haven't heard anything from Lizzie about the sprint schedule. She'd better get on it, or we'll have to lasso that girl. ;)

      Delete