Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Wrap-Up

What?? The month is over already?? I completely forgot to do a wrap-up post for September. Gah! Well...I'm back on schedule, ready to tell you about everything I did in October.


WRITING

I completed the first draft of my story! YAY!! This is the first draft and first story I've ever finished
A lot of firsts, right?! I have to admit I didn't have an amazing "wow-I-did-it" moment when I finally typed The End. I didn't do a happy dance. I didn't squeal or cry. It was 3:00 am. I was tired. So I went to bed. The next day, when I texted the good news to my hubby and CP, it still felt a bit surrealbecause I know I have a lot of work ahead of me. 

But I did it. I really did it! The more times I say it aloud, the more people I tell, I realize exactly what I accomplished and feel good. I did it. I really did it! =)

I'm currently revising, editing and fleshing out my scenes. I hope to have my second draft done by mid-December. Of course, I'll revise my goal if I need an additional month to finish this stage before I send off the story to Natalie for her to critique.


PERSONAL

I didn't do much in October, but there were a couple of key moments.

A Bundle of Joy. I became an aunt for the sixth time. My fifth nephew was born mid-month.

Maxwell James

My sister-in-law took this photo. Seriously. She's an amazing photographer, don't you think? And her new little one is simply adorable.

A Beachy Getaway. This month my hubby and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a trip to the Oregon coast. We had a wonderful time together, hanging out with my sister and her family. The weather was fabulous (very summer-like), and my sister was the perfect hostess (as usual). We watched movies, we ate at the Pelican Pub & Brewery in Pacific City. We beachcombed and hiked the muddy trail to Cape Lookout.

The view from Cape Lookout.

My sister's dog, Sierra.
My boy, Sawyer.
 The dogs loved running on the beach. So did I. =)
Happy Reading! I only read 2 books in October. =(  I'm going to have to read 9 more books by the end of the year, if I want to reach my goal. Hmmm... November could be the perfect month to read some novellas.

How was your month?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a very full, exciting October! Here's hoping November and December are even better! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, m'dear. I wish the same for you! =)

      Delete