Friday, November 8, 2013

My Friday Love (13)

 

My Friday Love is a weekly meme, which spotlights the things you loved during the past week.

  ----------------------------------------------  

Fuzzy Socks. I felt pretty blah this week. The cold I'd been fighting off kicked my arse yesterday. I did nothing but curl up on the couch with my Doxie and catch up on my favorite shows. 
 
Sawyer

Before I turned on the TV, I grabbed a pair of fuzzy socks. Something about putting on fuzzy socks comforts me. They're so warm, comfy, and cozy. They make me smile. 

Image: parkavenue-stacie.blogspot

 
The Paradise. On my lazy/sick day I started watching the Victorian-era costume drama The Paradise, airing on PBS. The Masterpiece Classic series is about the people who live and work in "The Paradise", Britain's glamorous first department store.
 
Image: creativecabin.com
 
The series (which premiered in the UK last year) is based on the beloved Emile Zola classic novel. After watching the 2-hour opening episode, I'm hooked. There is love, intrigue, drama, tart dialogue, gorgeous costumes, and a plucky and resourceful heroine.

 
The Originals. Come for the hot guys, stay for the dark drama. I'm a fan of The Originals (The Vampire Diaries spin-off set in New Orleans) for one reason: Joseph Morgan.



Klaus, Klaus, Klaus. Swoon. He's the deliciously evil hybrid I love to hate. I can't get enough of his sexy British accent. Whenever he says "sweetheart", I melt. I'm glad he has his own show. It started out slowly, but things are finally getting good. Relationships are developing, the witches (who seemed to be the outside force driving the dramatic action and suspense) are more present as characters. There are shifting alliances and explosive battles. I love that Elijah is more involved. The scenes between Klaus and Elijah are so strong and exciting.
 
 
 What are you loving this week?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment