Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Year End Wrap-Up

Another year is just about over. Yay! I’m more than ready to say goodbye to 2013. It wasn’t a good year for me. And yet, somehow, I still managed to be productive. I wish I’d achieved all of my writing goals, but I’m not going to beat myself up about it. Life happens. Another shiny, sparkly new year is about to begin, and anything is possible. 

But first, let’s take a look back…


Writing


~  Finished the first draft of Wild Highland Bride in October. I really wanted to be completely done with this novella by my birthday (in December), but I’m not upset that didn't happen. I wrote THE END on the first draft!!! That's a huge accomplishment, and I'm proud of myself.

~ I didn’t earn my RWA Pro status like I hoped. But I will, mark my words.

~ Achieved my goal and read 50 books this year, just in the nick of time.

~ Renewed my Celtic Hearts, RWA and RT Book Reviews Magazine subscription. This is a big investment well worth the expense.

~ Judged for the Celtic Hearts Golden Claddagh Contest for the YA category. I enjoyed this very much. I love to critique!

~ I finally gained a critique partner. I adore Natalie Murphy to pieces. She’s amazing.

~ I critiqued for Nat. She is super talented. Seriously, be prepared to fall in love with her novels. She’s going to be a BIG star in the romance industry. Like Monica McCarty big.

~ Critiqued a friend’s manuscript. He writes creepy thrillers.

~ Won the Celtic Hearts November sprint. The prize was a $25 Amazon gift card. =)

~ Signed up on Pinterest. Aaaannnnd now I'm addicted. *grins sheepishly* It can be a major time suck if you let it, so I make a point of only playing around on there when I'm watching TV. I really like creating storyboards for my WIPs. It jump-starts my creativity. Click here to view.



 Personal


~ In May my beloved girl Doxie, Ripley, faced a major health crisis. She passed in August, and it broke my heart. I’m still grieving. I think of her and miss her every day.


~ My father (who is terminal) was briefly hospitalized this year, but is now doing well. He's one tough Texan.


~ Sadly, my favorite aunt (also terminal) passed away. =(

~ Enjoyed a girlfriend getaway to Orcas Island with my BFFs in July and visited my sister on the Oregon coast.

~ Became an aunt for the sixth time.

 
~ Won a Kindle Fire. I'm sharing it with my hubby. We're loving it!

It wasn’t the greatest year; there were simply too many bad moments. I’m looking forward to a new year, to new goals, and new possibilities. I’m going to think positively and keep working hard to make all my dreams come true.


How was your year? Did you achieve your goals?

2 comments:

  1. You should be proud of everything you've accomplished. It wasn't a happy year, but you persevered and succeeded with many of your goals. Finishing the first draft of your book is amazing. We will get our butts back in gear and finish our stories this year!

    Thank you for the kind words. <3

    I forgot to mention that I joined Pinterest too. That place is a black hole for me lol.

    I'm sorry about all of the sad times you faced this past year. I can only hope 2014 is a lot better.

    Love you! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hun. I couldn't have accomplished as much as I did without your support and encouragement. <3

      We will definitely get our butts back in gear and finish our stories. This is our year!! XOXO

      Delete