Friday, August 29, 2014

My Friday Love

Things I loved this past week...

Social Networking. I love Facebook and Twitter. But only on days ending in the letter "y".


These social networking sites keep me connected with other writers, most of whom live far away from me (like my CP). It's so convenient and fun to go on Facebook and Twitter to stay in touch with good friends, especially the ones who share my passion for books and writing.

Doris Day. I'm a big fan of movies, old and new. This week I watched The Thrill of It All (1963) starring James Garner and Doris Day. I adore her.


1) Her wardrobe is amazing. 2) Her voice is stunning. 3) Her characters are all smart and strong-willed but also sweet and sexy. 4) She throws the best stompy tantrums. 5) She's classy and brilliant. 6) She's a cultural icon.  

Red Pens. I used to dislike red pens. What kid wouldn't after she gets a report back from her school teacher all covered in comments and red marks? These days, I love my red pens. I use them all the time.

Image: reganleigh.com
Red pens are nice to use when I edit my own work or cross out stuff in my writer's notebook.

Long Weekends. Oh long weekends how I love thee, let me count the ways.

I love staying up late. I love sleeping in on lazy mornings. I love afternoons spent reading a good book. I love long walks in the sunshine. I love lunch dates. I love spending extra time with my hubby. I love visiting my parents.

I love long weekends!


What are you loving this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment