Wednesday, August 6, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I had the devil of a time opening my WIP and getting down to business last week.


Hey, don't judge me. It happens. I can't say why, exactly, because I don't really know the reason. I just wanted a few lazy days of summer, I guess, and the daunting task of revising a wordy scene made we want to binge watch Finding Carter.


Hey, don't judge me. Finding Carter is a good show. Really!


But, wait. My CP is breathing down my neck, and the girl is a stickler for deadlines. Soooo.


After an encouraging and enjoyable Skype chat with my trusty CP, I gathered my strength and pulled myself out of my mini funk. How? I. Opened. My. WIP.


Once I leapt over that hurdle, it dawned on me that my opening paragraph was the cause of my procrastination. I just didn't like it, to be honest. And so I rewrote the sucker, tightening and cutting and polishing. I'm happy to report that I like the new version much better. Plus, I'm back on track and writing every day. So far, so good.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, the blog ate my comment!

    I said, LOL! Yes, woman, get back to work! ;)

    ReplyDelete