Friday, September 5, 2014

My Friday Love


Things I loved this past week...

Historical Fiction. I love historical fiction, even novels that feature an alternate history. I'm currently reading Margot by Jillian Cantor, which tells the "what-if" story of the survival of Anne Frank's sister and her hidden identity in a new country. 
 
This story is a beautiful, suspenseful, and very moving re-imagining of Margot's life. I simply cannot put it down. I have a feeling the book is going to haunt me long after I finish reading it. I love when that happens.

Rusk Shampoo. A while ago I was in dire need of some new shampoo. What's a girl to do? 
 
Take a poll, of course. ;) 
 
I asked my family and friends what their favorite shampoo was, and why. My CP highly recommended her shampoo: Rusk: Deepshine Smooth. I finally bought myself a bottle.

OMGILOVEIT! My hair has never felt or looked so soft and shiny.


Okay, I don't have messy red curls...I wish!

Finding Carter. I'm totally hooked on Finding Carter.

The MTV drama tells the story of a sixteen year old girl who discovers that her seemingly perfect mother actually abducted her as a toddler, and that her real family, including a mother, a father, a twin sister, and a little brother, lives about two hours away. When her kidnapper goes on the run, Carter has to adjust to life with the family she never knew.


I really like Teen Wolf (which also airs on MTV), so I figured I'd give Finding Carter too. I'm glad I did. It's very compelling. There are lots of dramatic moments. The characters are complex. I like all the characters, especially Max. He's adorable and sweet and cool.


I can't to find out what happens in the penultimate episode of season one this Tuesday night.

What are you loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. Oooo that book sounds VERY interesting! I love books that stick with you like that.

    Oh yay! I'm so glad you like the shampoo. I love it. A good shampoo/conditioner can really make all the difference =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great read. The voice sucked me right in. I can't turn the pages fast enough to find out what happens next.

      Thanks for the recommend! The shampoo has made all the difference just after a week's use. =)

      Delete