Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October Releases

My favorite month of the year is here! Hooray for October! I love this month. Here's why...

1) Pumpkin-palooza. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin muffins. Pumpkin scented candles.
 2) Honeycrisp Apples. One word: delicious.
3) Cozy Clothes. Fuzzy socks. Soft sweaters. Fingerless gloves.
4) Vibrant Colors. Red. Orange. Yellow. Brown. The fall foliage takes my breath away.
5) Halloween. The decor. The costumes. The movies. The candy. Need I say more?
6) My Wedding Anniversary. Once upon a time, on October 5th, my hubby and I were married at Disneyland.

7) Fall TV Shows. The Walking Dead. The Originals. Grimm. Just to name a few.
8) New Book Releases. Here is the new release -- yes, just one book-- I want to read this month:



  YOUNG ADULT
 

QUEEN OF ZOMBIE HEARTS
White Rabbit Chronicles, Book Three
By Gena Showalter
October 1, 2014
 

I have a plan.
We'll either destroy them for good, or they'll destroy us.

Either way, only one of us is walking away.


In the stunning conclusion to the wildly popular White Rabbit Chronicles, Alice 'Ali' Bell thinks the worst is behind her. She's ready to take the next step with boyfriend Cole Holland, the leader of the zombie slayers; until Anima Industries, the agency controlling the zombies, launches a sneak attack, killing four of her friends. It's then she realizes that humans can be more dangerous than monsters; and the worst has only begun.

As the surviving slayers prepare for war, Ali discovers she, too, can control the zombies and she isn't the girl she thought she was. She's connected to the woman responsible for killing--and turning--Cole's mother. How can their relationship endure? As secrets come to light, and more slayers are taken or killed, Ali will fight harder than ever to bring down Anima...even sacrificing her own life for those she loves.

I liked the first book in this series--and not just for the gorgeous cover. The story was interesting, even though it wasn't what I expected for an Alice in Wonderland tie-in. The second novel was "meh". I didn't care for all the teen drama. Still, I want to read this final book based on all the good reviews I've seen on Goodreads.

What's on your must-read list this month? Do share!

Book blurbs from authors' websites.

3 comments:

  1. I love October, too =) I can't wait until the leaves change and it gets a bit cooler. I also love the clothing in autumn! And here in VA, fall lasts forever! Squee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The changing leaves are my favorite thing about fall. There's a nip in the air here in the Pacific Northwest. I love it. Ooo, lucky you. A long fall is pure bliss. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Coming from somewhere that basically has no fall whatsoever, this is lovely =)

      Delete