Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WIP Wednesday


NaNoWriMo officially beings on November 1st? Are you writing a novel in a month? I'm not.


I never do. Why? Well, 50k words in a month is a big commitment. Do I want to put myself under that kind of pressure during a busy holiday month?



It's not that I don't like goals or daily word counts. I'm just not the type of writer who wants to rush wildly through my first draft under a time crunch like NaNo. It's a great tool, though. If it's right for you then...


Next month I will be focused on editing my current WIP.

2 comments:

  1. I have such mixed feelings about NaNo. On one hand, I can see how it would help people sit down and reach a goal. However, in reality, I mostly see writers who write only during NaNo, then believe they have a completed novel on their hands. Um, no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'm all for anything that gets a person to sit down and write. However, a completed novel requires a lot more work than what happens during NaNo.

      Delete