Sunday, November 30, 2014

November Wrap-Up


Only one more day until December! Only 24 days left until Christmas Eve!
 

Christmas always been my favorite holiday. Not just my favorite holiday, actually, but my favorite time of the year. So I'm in good spirits, despite the fact that I couldn't attend the annual Christmas Tree Cutting Adventure with my BFFs this year. Here's what I did do...

Writing


1) Write Every Day Challenge. I wrote every single day during the month of November.


It wasn't always easy, especially on the weekends, but I was determined to meet the challenge head on. And I did. In fact, I exceeded my goal. I started my challenge a little early, which added four extra days to my total count. To date, I've written 34 days straight. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sit down at the computer and write over the Thanksgiving weekend, as I was out of town. On those days, I wrote in my writer's notebook instead.

2) Pep Talk. Not even halfway through my Write Every Day Challenge, I got discouraged.


 Not about the task itself, but by a tough round of revisions. My CP, Natalie Murphy, pulled me back from the dark side with a much-needed pep talk.



Of course, Natalie said exactly what I needed to hear.


By the end of our conversation I was pumped and ready to tackle my revisions.

3) Night Owl No More
. I'm a night owl. I don't like getting up early. Never have, never will. I like to stay up late to write, when the house is dark and quiet. Unfortunately, I can't do it anymore. Why? Well, this month I stayed up late writing too many days in a row, and the lack of sleep took it's toll on me. 



I looked like The Walking Dead. So did my revised chapter. If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was drunk writing that week.



All the new words I added to my chapter were just plain awful. And I was...



I was not happy. So I decided I will be a night owl no more. Apparently my brain doesn't function well on five hours of sleep. Go figure. ;)

4) Critiques Galore. I critiqued several of my CP's chapters. Her story is such a joy to work on. I can't wait until it's out in the world for everyone to read.

Personal

1) Puppy Drama. My puppy, Milla, was spayed this month. The surgery and recovery went well. Milla didn't have to wear the Cone of Shame, because she didn't lick her incision -- not even once!


Yep, she's a good girl. She's also very hyper. It wasn't easy to keep her calm while she recovered. All Milla wanted to do was run and romp around with her squeaky toy. Oy!

I'm still working on training her to walk on a leash. It's not easy. Milla is one stubborn Doxie.

2) Fall Back in Time. The Historical Romance Network hosted a social media event on November 1st called Fall Back in Time with Historical Romance. Readers were asked to post selfies while reading a historical romance novel. Such a fun idea, huh. I had a great time taking photos and posting them on Facebook and Twitter. Here are a couple of my favorites...

Milla knows every girl needs romance.
Shhh! Sawyer is reading a historical romance.

Forget hammers and heater parts! I want to read romance!
3) Books. I finished a few books this month, though not as many as I'd hoped to read. I'm 18 books short of reaching my yearly goal. There's no way I can read that many books by the end of December, soooo... Maybe next year.

4) Thanksgiving.
Today my hubby, the Doxies, and I are on our way home from Oregon, where we spent Thanksgiving with my big sister and her family. We had a wonderful time together. I can't wait to see them all again.

How was your month? Did you do anything fun or noteworthy? Do share!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a very busy month! I'm proud of all the work you accomplished, especially writing every day. It isn't easy! I completely fell off the wagon over Thanksgiving. It was just too busy around here, but I'm okay with that. I'll get back to work on Monday =)

    I can't wait to hear all about your trip to Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hun. I'm very pleased with my progress. It isn't easy to write every day, especially this time of year. Be proud of all you've accomplished so far. You're doing great!

      Delete