1) Semi-plotted two novels of my Celtic Warriors series. I say semi-plotted because rather than create a vague or complete outline, I instead chose the characters' names, clans, and figured out exactly how the heroes in each of the books will be connected to each other. Now, I can begin to jot down the bones of the stories -- including GMC, plot twists, black moments, etc -- and create a basic timeline of events in my writing notebook.
2) Brainstormed with my awesome critique partner, Natalie. So. Much Fun.
3) Decided on an author tagline.
3) Participated in the Celtic Hearts Sprint Challenge. Today is the final day of the sprint. So far, I've written 30k+ words on various WIPs. =) I really love these sprint challenges. They're training me to write with abandon, something that is remarkably easy to do when I work on stories other than my current WIP.
4) Speaking of my current WIP...I've accomplished some revisions, although not nearly as much as I wanted to by the end of January. I plan to make more progress in February. I need to meet my deadline. I know I can do it if I stay focused and silence my internal editor.
5) Updated my author bio.
6) Bought a new research book on Marie Antoinette by Antonia Fraser. I've been wanting to read the book for ages. I squeed when I found a pristine copy at my local used bookstore.
7) Discovered my writing niche: France!
I've always intended to write about France, my dream destination. But the majority of my Paris-themed ideas are set during the 18th century. What about my medievals?
When Nat (who is a totes brilliant CP!) posed this question to me, I thought "French medievals?! Why the heck not?!" After all, Scotland had a longstanding alliance with France during medieval times. I love both countries. I'm a self-professed Francophile. *palm-to-forehead* Doh! France could easily play a major role in many of my medievals. So it's about time I added some French flavor to my medievals.
1) It's been a quiet month with a few family birthday celebrations, which included a Mile High Mud Pie, ravioli, and the best bread sticks I've ever eaten.
2) Read three books.
3) Almost caught up on my TV viewing. I was woefully behind on all of my favorite shows, so I've been binge watching them like crazy these past two weeks. Once the Winter Olympic Games begin, I won't much care about Damon and Elena or the southern-fried scandals happening on Nashville. Hence, the binge fests. Anyway, the notable mentions that rocked my world are as follows:
Flowers in the Attic
Even though this Lifetime remake didn't live up to all of my expectations, I enjoyed watching it immensely. I was obsessed with this book growing up. Why? Because it's awesomesauce! Don't believe me? Well, then I say...
The 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries was worth the watch just to see the return of old friends and the sneaky Katherine twist. But the best OMG moment was - spoiler alert! - when Caroline and Klaus had sex! In the woods!! Finally. And it. Was. Hot.
Caroline needs get herself to New Orleans, where The Originals reign supreme, ASAP. Do not pass Go. Do not walk. Run, girl, run. Get thee to Klaus! Seriously, why is Caroline still in Mystic Falls? There's a hot narcissistic bad boy vamp waiting for her in the Big Easy. And he wants her. Badly. *swoon* It's well past time for Klaroline to embark on a sexy long-term love affair.
How was your month? Did you do anything fun or noteworthy? Do share!