1) Critiquing. My CP and I are still critiquing each other's chapters on a weekly basis. We took a short break during the winter months. I don't know about Natalie, but I think my writing momentum suffered because of it. Now that we're critiquing regularly, we're on a roll.
This week was a bust, though. I had a cold. So I didn't open my WIP once.
Never fear. I'll get back on track by Monday.
2) Loglines. I wrote loglines for a few of my future projects. I like to write them before I start my books, because it jump starts my creative process. A good logline is gold. If you think it's easy to write one, it's not. At least, it isn't for me. It's difficult to boil a book down into one clear sentence. Alas, it's a necessary evil.
After several drafts, Natalie gave my loglines her seal of approval. Frankly, I couldn't have done it without her help. Thanks, Nat!
3) Blog updates. I've updated my WIP page. I now have one for my books and another for my novellas. Check 'em out to read my new loglines.
4) Adjusted my writing schedule. After the holidays, I started writing first thing in the morning before I tackled my day. It was the only way for me to stop procrastinating when the winter blahs threatened my writing mojo. I immediately saw a marked improvement in the amount of writing I accomplished in the wee hours of the morning. With the winter gloom gone, I'm back to writing in the afternoons. The sunshine makes me more productive and happier.
1) Bored senseless. In terms of life things May has been rather uneventful.
2) Good Times Ahead. A few fun things are going to happen in June. First, I'm taking a short trip to the Oregon coast to attend my nephew's high school graduation. Second, I'm getting a new puppy.
How was your month? Did you do anything fun or noteworthy? Do share!